Extensive 8 years of experience in building high performance, scale-able, and maintainable websites/applications using OO PHP/Frameworks. I am passionate, self-starter with “can-do” attitude and have good knowledge of front end technologies along with web standards, and best practices in web applications development. I have excellent written/verbal communication, presentation skills and have lead team of different experience levels.
- PHP LAMP/LEMP Stack (Apache/Nginx), MVC Framework (CodeIgniter/Laravel), WordPress (theme/plugin development and customisation), Github, Vagrant, Docker/Compose
- Agile Methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- RESTful API (Google Drive API, Google Maps and other third parties APIs)
- ATOM, PHPStorm IDE
- Databases: MySQL, MySQL Workbench CE, Microsoft Access
- Windows all family (Windows 7/8/10), Ubuntu/CentOS
- Amazon Web Services/AWS (VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, IAM) & preparing for Amazon Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Exam
Web Developer @ Virgin Media, Hook Apr 2018 – Present
PHP5/7, MySQL, Phabricator, Git
- Development and maintenance of Internal tools built in Object Oriented PHP.
- Task management and version control using Phabricator
Senior Web Developer @ Ebury (Fintech Sector), London Aug 2016 – Apr 2018
PHP5/7, MySQL, Multi Sites WordPress, Laravel 5.5, Docker, Ansible Towers, AWS (EC2, S3, CloudFront, RDS, Elastic Container Service, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancer, IAM, VPC, DeployBot, Sites Migration, Google Tag Manager, Avoka, Jira, Version Control (Git/Bitbucket), Confluence, Agile (Scrum/Kanban) Development, Google Drive API
- Leading website team in Agile Development (Kanban) environment, weekly sprints and holding daily meetings with overseas team consisting of developers, designers and DevOps.
- Team management and prioritising different tasks from multiple projects
- Improvements to the company on-boarding process using microservice built in Laravel v5. This service integrates Google Drive API with Avoka Forms and Dynamic Data Services written in Groovy.
- Theme & Plugin development for company’s multisite WordPress network which consist of 8 websites, some of them are multilingual
- Developing and structure deployment workflow on environments (dev/staging/prod) using Ansible Towers.
Senior PHP Developer @ BD (Healthcare Sector), Oxford Apr 2016 – Jun 2016
Object Oriented PHP, MySQL, PHP PDF Libraries (TCPDF/FPDI) API, MVC Laravel ⅘, Agile Methodologies (Scrum)
- Development and Integration of CareFusion (now BD) Content Management System (CMS) with Technical Information Sheet (TIS) from BD.
- Development of multiple pages dynamic PDF catalogues using third party libraries (TCPDF/FPDI).
- PDF Catalogues; generated using data from CMS, given templates and state of the art technologies, containing products specifications and other product images.
Senior Developer @ Planning Inspectorate (Public Sector), Bristol Jun 2015 – Apr 2016
WordPress (plugin/theme development), Twitter Bootstrap 3.0, Object Oriented PHP5, Agile Methodologies (Scrum), MySQL Workbench CE, MySQL CentOS, RESTful API Development
- Requirement gathering and daily meetings with stakeholders
- Implementation of RESTFul API layer between OpenText Document Management System and Planning Inspectorate Website for improved and efficient data transmission between the systems.
- Customs APIs and endpoint were implemented using WP-API (REST API).
- Extended APIs provide different functionalities to Insert/Update/Delete and maintain sections of the PINS website.
Senior PHP Web Developer @ Safari Mobile, London Feb 2015 – Apr 2015
Laravel, Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2/RDS, Git Version Control, AWS Deployment using Elastic Beanstalk, Agile Methodologies (Scrum)
- Daily meetings with Product Owner and team members
- MultiSite Application development using Laravel v5, Git version control system and deployment over AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Development and testing of Competitions site for mobiles
- Transforming specification documents into functioning web applications
Senior PHP Developer @ Fantastic Thinking (Digital Agency), London Oct 2014 – Dec 2014
- Producing code to company standards and quality criteria and contributing to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification).
PHP/WordPress Developer @ The Planning Inspectorate (Public Sector), Bristol Mar 2013 – Oct, 2014
WordPress (plugins development), Twitter Bootstrap 3.0, Object Oriented PHP5, MySQL, Workbench, MySQL Full Text Search, CentOS, Python, JQuery, Ajax, RESTful Services
- I worked as lead of a project team to deliver a program of enhancements to “National Infrastructure” web portal (http://infrastructure.planninginspectorate.gov.uk/ ) and Major Planning Applications portal (http://majorapps.planninginspectorate.gov.uk/ ).
- Estimate, plan and developing technical deliverables (i.e. project wide documents search, data import tools, enhancements in python script, fixing bugs and errors),
- Developing other reporting/subscription scripts which are scheduled to run every hour on daily basis to update each subscribed users about the progress of PINS projects
PHP/Full Stack Developer @ Ordnance Survey (Public Sector), Southampton Sep 2012 – Jan 2013
LAMP Stack, WordPress, PHP5, CSS3, HTML5, testing, JQuery, Ajax, Subversion version control, FTP FileZilla, Putty, RESTful Web Services, JSON, debugging using firebug, Eclipse, NetBeans, Trac
- Planning, designing, development and testing of a WordPress plugin called “RAGLD Dashboard” using object oriented PHP and front end as designed using CSS3, AJAX, and JQuery
- Dashboard implemented API calls to monitor RAGLD services status, hardware resources etc.
Full Stack Web Developer @ CareFusion (Healthcare Sector), Basingstoke May 2011 – Aug 2012
- Development of various tools/modules responsible for maintaining data content for International websites.
- These tools included User Management, Site/Distributors Addresses Management, International Marketing Materials, News & Bulletins, Product Catalogue, Translations, Exhibitions and Events Tool, Career portal.
- These tools are responsible for pushing content to CareFusion’s other countries websites which include Sweden, Spain, Australia/New Zealand, India, Sweden etc.
Web Developer @ Seafast Logistics Plc (Logistics and Transportation), Basingstoke Nov 2010 – May 2011
- Web Application development using MVC CodeIgniter Framework (libraries like URL, Table, and Database Active Records) and Google Maps API Integration
- Drupal theme customisation, modules integration and configuration such as views/views attachment, panels, CCK, panels, taxonomy for company’s website.
- Extensive use of TCPDF library for generating PDF and configuring 1D Barcodes/QR.
Full Stack Web Developer @ CareFusion (Healthcare), Basingstoke Mar 2010 – Oct 2010
- Migrating Intranet to Internet and configure infrastructure to host a bespoke CMS system build in PHP and database in MYSQL.
Semantic Web Technologies @ BBC (Internship), London Jul 2009 – Aug 2009
- Implementing Semantic Web technologies (content tagging using “Topic Link Tool”) for effective and optimized searching of web content specifically in BBC Learning Section.
- Worked on filtering BBC’s internal vocabulary composed of 15,000 words
University of Southampton – MSc, Software Engineering 2008 – 2009